Monday, February 1, 2010

Drugstore Makeup Staple Items

Similar to my eye makeup staple items, this post is going to be about my drugstore brand makeup staple items.

Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
 
$6.99 at Target

I recently stumbled upon these wipes when I went out of town and forgot to bring my Clinique Take the Day Off remover. Only to remember at midnight, I went to the nearest drugstore and bought these wipes... and now I don't want to go back to my Clinique remover! These wipes are super super soft and take off all of my makeup, even waterproof eyeliner. The scent is supposed to be "night calming" aka make you feel sleepy, but it has no effect on me; however, the scent is nice and refreshing. I'm hooked on these and will keep buying this instead of the expensive department store makeup removers!


Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara

 
$7.29 at Target

Seems like everyone has tried or at least heard of this mascara. It's definitely one of the best drugstore mascaras I've tried. The big brush was kind of odd at first, but I've grown to like it. It does extend and volumize my lashes, however minor clumping can happen if you apply several layers. I usually just swipe one layer on though, so it's fine most of the time.


Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF15
Photo Credit: Makeup Alley / $12.99 at Target

I don't normally wear any face makeup, especially foundation. But I wanted to find a light tinted moisturizer to give me some coverage without weighing down my face. I read many good reviews about this TM so I searched endlessly at Target for this product. It was completely sold out in 3 different stores for at least a month! I finally got my hands on this over the summer and it's excellent! The SPF15 is a major plus and the formula is lightweight and gives you a light coverage that lasts all day. If you have fairly good skin, but want some coverage for minor areas, I recommend this. 



Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Reniew Anti-Puff Eye Roller
$13 at Target

Okay I'll admit it, I cry often. I'll cry at movies, tv shows, and basically anything that is sad or touching. So I've had the puffy eye syndrome one too many times. This eye roller is the best product I purchased for those crying days. Simply roll the metal ball around your eye area and instantly, you'll feel a satisfying cooling sensation. I also use this in the mornings when I don't get enough sleep the night before.


Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner
 
$7.49 at Drugstore.com

This eyeliner lasts all day without smudging or fading. I love the black-brown color because it's dark enough to define my eyes, but not too dark so that it looks intense against my pale skin. This was one of my first liquid liners, so I had some trouble applying it, yet it seemed easier to make straight lines with this than other liquid liners. The only thing is that over time, I realized it's a bit difficult to make thin lines with the applicator. 


Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner


$6.49 at Drugstore.com

Like the Colorstay liquid liner, this one is long lasting as well. This liner is very soft and easy to apply. So soft in fact that sometimes, it actually breaks :( But it has a built-in sharpener on the other end which is a plus in my book. So convenient! Also this liner has the same, if not better, staying power as UD 24/7 liner. Although the UD liner is more pigmented, this liner is still comparable and will remain my makeup bag forever!

0 comments:

Post a Comment