Sunday, February 7, 2010

Beauty Review: Juice Beauty

I finally tried out some of the Juice Beauty products for the first time!

Cleansing Milk
 
$22 at Sephora

After taking a shower, I washed my face with this cleansing milk. My first thought was that it was creamy, yet very light! I hate cleansers that are way too thick, so this lightweight milky cleanser was great for me. It's very gentle and makes you feel refreshed. I don't use facial cleansers to remove makeup, so I don't know how well it does with that. As for the scent, it's made with raspberry and white grape juices with aloe vera and grapeseed oil. I was expecting more of a very sweet and fruity smell, but this one is more like a herbal raspberry scent. I didn't mind, but some people will dislike it. I would definitely repurchase this one!
Rating: 4.5 / 5.0


Hydrating Mist
  
$22 at Sephora

Instead of spraying directly on my face, I sprayed a few pumps of this onto a cotton pad and applied all over my face. Immediately my face felt refreshed. It's made with white and red grape juices, aloe vera, rosehip, and grapeseed oil. It has a floral scent, which is not really my favorite scent, but the smell isn't strong. I might repurchase this if I don't find a better toner. 
Rating: 4.0 / 5.0


Nutrient Moisturizer
 
$36 at Sephora

For me, moisturizer is the most important part of my skincare regimen. The main thing about this product is that the consistency is very thick! It felt like I was putting sunscreen on my face. You really need to rub it into your skin to make sure you don't have white spots. The instructions say to warm in your palms before applying, but I didn't read that part until later... oops! I applied again at night by warming in my palms and it was still too thick. However, since it is quite thick, a little will go a long way. Made with grape juice, carrot juice, and essential fatty acids, the smell is not terrible. You can definitely smell the ingredients... like I said before, some people will love the scent and others will hate it. I don't think I will repurchase this one as it was way too thick for me and it doesn't have SPF.
Rating: 2.5 / 5.0


Green Apple Peel - Sensitive Skin
 
$39 at Sephora

In my opinion, this peel smells terrible. It's made with apple, lemon, grape juices and raw cane sugar. To me, it smells like a V8 fruit juice. After washing my face with the cleansing milk, I applied a layer of the peel onto my face and washed it off after 10 minutes. The peel turns into a smooth film on your face so it takes some time to wash it all off with water. Afterward, I followed up with the hydrating mist, antioxidant serum, and the nutrient moisturizer. This product definitely makes your face feel so smooth. I never use peels or masks, so I didn't know what to expect. But you can see the effects immediately. Sometimes I have red areas near my nose and this peel lightened those areas and improved the texture of my skin. The effects are amazing after just one use. I'm not sure if I will repurchase though, because I don't normally use peels and $39 is a bit pricey for me. 
Rating: 4.0 / 5.0


Antioxidant Serum
 
 $52 at Sephora

I love this product! This serum immediately brightened my skin. I could see the effects right away. It gives my skin a healthy radiant glow. The smell is not bad, but the price is quite expensive. I think the next time I use this, I'll try it without the peel to see the effect of the serum by itself. I'd love to repurchase, but it's a bit expensive.
Rating: 4.5 / 5.0

Overall I love that all their products are natural and organic. If you want to try out Juice Beauty, I recommend getting the Organic To Go set. It's a good value and a great way to get introduced to their products.

0 comments:

Post a Comment