Saturday, February 20, 2010

Beauty Review: Ole Henriksen + The Body Shop

Before I left, I made a few skincare purchases and now it's time to review them!

Ole Henriksen
Herbal Day Creme with SPF15

 
$35 at Sephora


I bought this because Juice Beauty SPF15 moisturizer was out of stock and I needed an SPF moisturizer asap. It can be a little heavy, so I do not recommend for oily skin. Even for combination, you need to be careful to use a thin layer or else it'll be too heavy. It takes a little time for it to completely sink into your skin so I would apply this about 15 minutes before you do any face makeup. However, it does moisturize well, it has SPF, and it's a reasonable price.


Overall though, I do like this cream. Many people say they dislike the smell, but I don't mind. It's kind of an herbal smell that might take some time to get used to. The jar will last me awhile since I only had to use a little bit for my entire face. I'm not sure if I will purchase just because I'm worried it's too heavy on my combination skin, but I'll happily use this jar until it runs out!
Rating: 4/5


The Body Shop
Vitamin C Skin Boost

 
$26 at The Body Shop

I've heard so many great things about this, so I just had to try it out. It's a good alternative to pricey serums. The first thing I noticed about this is the smell! It's very very strong!

The effects are great though. Until recently, I've never used serums, but now I don't think I can live without them! They immediately brighten your face and smooth out the texture. I've already been using a serum before this one, so the immediate effect wasn't as big as I'd hoped. But it's still a great product and I recommend it for all skin types.

I don't think I will repurchase though... only because the smell is so strong! I don't want people to smell my face from a mile away... -_-
Also, I feel that with Juice Beauty antioxidant serum, you use less for your entire face compared to one. So even though it's almost twice the price, Juice Beauty may last you longer.
Rating: 3.5/5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love Juice Beauty products! Some of it does seem a bit pricey, but it's worth it! My skin has never looked and felt better, and you're right, it doesn't take much product at all to cover my face, which definitely justifies the price in my book as it will last a while :)

*Anita* said...

i've heard the Vitamin C Booster by Body Shop doesn't work as well as they claim to. i have a sample of cream by Ole Henriksen. i think i'll try it out soon! thanks for the review :)xx

Post a Comment