Saturday, January 16, 2010

Beauty Review: Shiseido The Skincare

So lately, I've been trying to find some new skincare products. I've used Shiseido Pureness (aimed for breakout prone skin) for the past several years, but now that I'm older, I need something else.

That's why for the past couple days I've tried out Shiseido The Skincare. I've had good experiences from the Pureness line, so I thought I'll get the same benefits from The Skincare line. Definitely not!

I didn't try the facial cleanser, only the toner and moisturizer. The moisturizer had SPF in it, which was nice. But it made my combination skin oily and greasy. I thought it would go away after the product sinks in a little, but definitely not. My little brother even asked me why my skin was so oily -_-

$39 at Sephora
 
This would be great for normal or dry, but for my combination skin, it was too heavy and felt like it was clogging up my pores.

The softener was a little better though... it absorbed into my skin right away. Honestly, I'm not an expert in skincare to know how softener/toners benefit your skin. I guess it's something to do with preparing your face before applying moisturizer? But, yeah... even though I don't exactly know the benefits of softeners, I liked how this one felt on my skin.

$34 at Sephora
 
It felt heavier than the Pureness softener, but I didn't mind. 

Overall, I won't be using this as my new skincare. For those of you with normal or dry skin, I definitely recommend this, but not for combination. I'm still on the hunt to find something for my combination skin that has SPF in it. Any suggestions?

1 comments:

Yukie said...

Have you ever tried the White Lucent line?
I have combination oily skin too, and it works for me :)
This line is a little pricey to compare with Pureness and Skincare though :)

Post a Comment