Monday, January 11, 2010

Beauty Review: Etude House

I've seen some people curious about Etude House makeup products (from Korea), so I decided to do a quick, but detailed, review on some of the products that I've tried.

For those of you that don't know Etude House, it's a super cute makeup store in Korea. Its directed toward younger people and they have good prices on all their products.
An example of one of their super cute stores in Korea!

Now, some of the items that I purchased before are now discontinued. I can't seem to find them on the official site, but I'll give a brief review of them anyway.

From their discontinued line, Trouble Eraser, I used both the gel moisturizer and the cleaning pads.
Honestly, it's a good thing they discontinued this line, because it did not produce any great effects for my skin. Never made me break out or anything, but it claims to "erase" all your acne trouble. I didn't see that much of a difference in my skin after using these products, but they didn't have any negative effects either. The lotion did help moisturize my face and I liked that it was a gel lotion. The clear pads were pretty much useless for me though.


Now for the makeup!

This O~ m'Eye Lash Mascara is cheap (around $4 I think) and works well for its price. It's a great basic mascara. Of course, it can't compare to YSL or Dior mascaras, but it's good for the price.


I had minor clumping issues with this mascara, though I think it's because the mascara was getting a bit old. Also, this mascara advertised maximum volume, which I didn't really get. It's more of a basic mascara for me.

More with eye makeup... these shine up sticks are awesome! I have these three colors and I want to get more when I go back!
04: Pink, 05: Berry, 09: Lavender

My favorite is #04 Pink. It's a little bit darker than #05 Berry, which is more of a light pink. These sticks are super glittery, so I only recommend them for going-out makeup. Easy to apply and just a little bit gives you a lot of shimmer. I think these were $3 or $4 each.

Lastly is this lip & eye makeup remover. It works very well! It works just as well as my Clinique "Take the Day Off" makeup remover which is around $13, whereas this EH remover is only about $5 or $6.

Similar to Clinique's makeup remover, there are two layers and you have to shake the bottle to mix the oil and water liquids together. There is another EH remover specifically for mascara, but this remover was able to get my mascara off too. I don't wear waterproof makeup though, so I don't know how effective this will be for that. But it worked well for me.

Hope this quick review was helpful for some of you guys who were curious about EH products. I know there's only a few that I've tried so far, but I'm hoping to get more products when I go to Korea next month. I'll do another review then!

2 comments:

Little Miss Savvy said...

hey, great blog!

i've never tried anything from etude house but definitely want to. everything looks so cute.

efe said...

oh my ur lucky :/ i want to have etude house in germany .__. i bought once products from ebay.. the speedy total base, it was so awesome to use ;___; and i bought a moonlight shimmer blush °Q°;

but always buying on ebay sucks cause the stuff is too pricey on there <___<

Post a Comment