Sunday, July 4, 2010

BB Cream Comparison - TFS vs. EH vs. Missha

Here's a short comparison on the three BB creams I've used. FYI, I'm about NC15-20 and have combo skin.




The Face Shop Face It HD Perfect BB
Etude House BB Magic Cream
Missha M Signature Real Complete BB Cream



You can see that Etude House is the darkest and closest to my natural skin color, while The Face Shop is lighter. Missha is also light but has gray undertones compared to The Face Shop.
This is what it looks like after one smear. Etude House has the creamiest texture, while The Face Shop has the most thick texture.



This is what it looks like blended. The Face Shop makes my skin a bit whiter, Etude House is most similar to my natural skin color, and Missha is too light for my skin. 

The Face Shop Face It HD Perfect BB
- SPF30
- Thick texture
- Difficult to blend
- Matte finish
- Good oil control
- Medium coverage
- Middle price out of the three (about $15USD)

This is harder to blend and has the thickest texture, however I still love this BB cream. It has good oil control and it makes my skin look great. It makes your skin look very smooth! The coverage is good enough to even out your skin tone, but not enough to cover up my darker sun spots. It makes my skin lighter, which I wish it didn't but I like it enough to keep using it.


Etude House BB Magic Cream
- SPF30
- Liquid texture
- Easy to blend
- Dewy finish
- No oil control
- Low coverage
- Least expensive out of the three ($9USD)

Due to no oil control and its dewy finish, I always use a pact as a finishing touch and for oil control after using this BB cream. This cream has low coverage though. It doesn't even cover up the lightest of my sun spots. However, this is my preference because of its easy blending and I like the natural color.


Missha M Signature Real Complete BB Cream
- SPF25
- Creamy texture
- Medium ease of blending
- Matte finish
- Medium oil control
- Medium coverage
- Most expensive out of the three ($19USD)

I really do not like this BB cream! First of all, it makes my skin look too light and washed out. The shade I purchased is No. 21 Light Pink Beige. I have fair skin so I was told the other shade (there are only 2) would be too dark for me. Well, this one is too light for me! Otherwise, it is just mediocre. The oil control and coverage is not as good as The Face Shop, but better than Etude House. 

I reviewed Etude House and Missha more extensively, but have yet to review The Face Shop so I'll post a review sometime soon. Hope this has been helpful to someone out there!

4 comments:

BunnyAl aka Allison :) said...

new follower! =)
i found the review very helpful thanks

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for your information. This was helpful in getting an idea of a TFS BB cream. However, still wondering which of the Face Shop BB creams to order, as my skin is very light, and even light beige tones are sometimes too noticeable when applied on my face. Would appreciate if anyone can share on this as well. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

which of the Face Shop BB creams is the lightest is tone?

Lusiana's Notes said...

tq for the review... :)

Post a Comment